Monday, February 22, 2010

Here we go....

Well, not really.  Honestly, we have already become debt free, have saved up our six month emergency fund and are now on our way to investing for retirement and college for our son.  However, we still have a ways to go and it is not time to LIVE IT UP, yet. 

I am hoping to use this blog to share our story of how we are becoming debt free and the struggles and achievements we accomplish along the way.  It has had its ups and downs...I have cried over not being able to get my hair done or buying a shirt (well, not really cried..but I was pretty ticked off), but I know it will all be worth it in the end. 

The best part of all of this has been the inspiration we have become for many of our friends and family members to jump on the bandwagon! 

So, my next post will be the story of how this crazy year started.  Stay tuned and thanks for stopping by!! 

2 comments:

  1. So great. I can't wait to hear details about your six month emergency fund. It seemed to happen pretty fast for you guys. That would by far, be the hardest step for us. With two mortgages, saving six months is a large number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to your blog today~I'm enjoying reading about your journey=)
    I'm on the journey myself & it is an encouragement to me to read about how others are doing on the plan. Please keep us posted on how things go!

    ReplyDelete